Chapter 8 – Dealing With Objections
In this lesson, you’ll understand why objections are really a “positive” sign and why you need to welcome them. You’ll also learn that by successfully responding to prospect objections, you’re actually moving that much closer to making your sale. I’ll also teach you how to identify and resolve some of the most frequently cited objections. A brief multiple-choice quiz and recap immediately follow this lesson to reinforce your understanding.
- What Objections REALLY Mean
- How to Respond to Objections
- How to Use Objections to Make the Sale
Use Short-Cuts to get there Faster!
Short on time? No time to watch the entire video? Click on Short Cuts and get the specific answers or information you need from this chapter, even faster.
Test Your Knowledge of Chapter 8
Remember that an Objection is anything that the prospect says or does that presents a barrier or a roadblock to the smooth completion of the sale.
When a prospect raises objections, they’re giving you a buying signal. They’re telling you that you need to convince them further and they are leading you down the path that you need to follow in order to close them.
When responding to objections,
- Listen very carefully. Hear your customer out.
- Repeat the objection back to the prospect to confirm your understanding.
- Acknowledge the objection from the prospect’s point of view.
- Answer the objection as best you can. If you can’t answer the objection, tell the prospect when you will be able to answer it.
- If you have correctly answered the prospect’s objection, try to make the sale.